Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dawn of A New Era

sunrise

I can't really say how I'm feeling right now. It's the end of another chapter. I'm just desperately clinging on to the very little days left before going back to college.


I love being back in KL. It's not that I don't like other places, but KL just feels like home. And you know I can be reallly homey. As if traveling Tronoh to KL every week isn't being homey enough.


So first thing to do out of college, apply for a job in KL, or Klang Valley; as long as I can stay home and within proximity of at least 3 malls.


I had a bad time when my family was abroad. IT WAS A NIGHTMARE. I got so homesick. I'd go home to an empty house during the weekend and start bawling on the floor, holding family member's t-shirts.


As if that's not bad enough, once I decided to sleep alone in my home. My grandma found out and so did my other relatives. They were constantly calling me to go to their houses.


Well I hated being pitied upon. I just wanted my dad, mom, and two brothers. So that night, I called my friend, telling her I needed a place to sleep. Couldn't make myself face grandma.


The next morning, grandma's maid told me that grandma was worried sick that she cried. And one uncle came to my house honking and telling me to follow him back home.


The drama of the whole situation was as high as my nose.


Funny thing is, before the whole moving-abroad thing, I couldn't wait to say chao to my parents. Going to college was a dream. I've been cooped up for too long and I wanted adventure. I wasn't much of a perfect daughter before the whole episode. I'm not saying I am now, because I'm not. Things have changed, I realize that I need my family to be near here.

To put it simply, I lost them for a while, and now I got them back. It was 2 and half years. It's like what they say, we can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness. Mind you, I didn't create that quote.


So anyway, I wanna apologize for this somewhat sadistic post. Next time should be a bit sunny. Anyway, I’m learning how to cook! I know Yay me. Update later.

Take care~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...