Friday, November 28, 2008

Conquering Borneo: Brunei

You know, I've always wanted to do something like a travel blog. The only thing that's been pulling me back is the fact that I don't really travel much. So I'm using this trip as an experiment. Adventures by day, blogging by night. So far I've met with some difficulties including the obvious lack of internet connection on the road. But I've gotten by hotel's wireless internet so far.

So we went to Brunei by car yesterday. We drove by Tutong to Bandar Seri Begawan. Brunei is a peaceful little country. They call themselves melayu Brunei. They still maintain Jawi writing in all the shop signs. Eventhough your shop is called Swee Lan Sundry Shop, it will contain the Jawi spelling as well. If I had a good guess, the Chinese and Indian in Brunei knows how to write Jawi. This makes me kinda embarassed with our malay community in Malaysia. We call ourselves malay, we used to write Jawi, but some malays doesn't know how to read Jawi even. No offence, but Jawi is our tradition so better get to know it.

In Brunei, we stayed in a little place called LeGallery Suites Hotel in Bandar Seri Begawan. It's a good place if you're looking for a budget but comfortable accomodation while in Brunei. It's what I call a value for money. It costs $80 which is the equivalent of RM 180. Mind you, that's cheap compared to some other hotels in Bandar Seri Begawan.

We were supposed to go to Jerudong Park, but luck wasn't on our side last night as the rain poured till this morning.

Basically, we went to Brunei yesterday, stayed in LeGallery then played games in the arcade beside our hotel, circled the town and headed back to Miri today. What I liked about Brunei is the little population of 300,000 people, clear roads in the city and the polite people.

Now I'm back in ParkCity Everly, Miri where we were two days ago. Tomorrow we're flying back to KL at night. Before that, I'm going shopping for Sarawakian souvenirs. Their beads are exotic. Can't miss 'em. Chao.

1 comment:

Jezmine Blossom said...

babe thanks fr the comment tau... and the wish... bestnyer u masuk gua2 ni... dah lama i tak travel2...
da...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...