Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Same Time, Last Year

Reflecting back to one year ago, July was a flurry of things. I was about to start working in real estate, I was about to get married. Sometimes we don’t really know where we’re heading. We can only plan, but we never expect the twists and turns that life dumps on you.

I never expected to be married at 24, I just thought it was more wishful thinking than reality. I guess I’ve got both sets of parents to be thankful for because they were so supportive even though husband barely graduated at the time.

We discussed about where we were going to stay. That was our longest and most serious discussion. Both of our parents just can’t wait to kick us out of the house. Of course, lovingly. Honestly I wanted to stay with our parents for at least 6 months after getting married but my parents kept pushing us to stand on our own feet.

So we started living together by ourselves exactly the same night that we got married. And it was weird at first. I mean, first we weren’t allowed to even be seen together, suddenly mom & dad were waving to us goodbye as we drove at 12 am together in public! It was exciting but I kept looking over my shoulder for Jais to stop us especially when we checked into the hotel that night.

Just after the wedding I asked mom how she felt about the whole thing. She said, well, that was fast. We went from choosing fabrics to countless boutiques, to vendors to photographers. Honestly at the rate that we were going, we could be professional wedding planners. But we had a blast!

Maybe it’s just me, but all the good things seem to happen during Ramadan. Same case for the year before. People call it the month of blessings, and so many people get to witness this. I’m just glad that I’m one of them.

I’m ending the post with a photo of me and hubs during iftar last weekend.

salamramadan
Ramadan kareem everyone =)

1 comment:

Ghadeer said...

You never know what life will throw at you. It's true- all the dua's in Ramadan are the ones that are answered, and the beautiful things in store for us are decided on Laylatul Qadr

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...