Tuesday, October 6, 2015

28

All this while, I thought being 18 was being an adult. You go off to college, get your first whiff of freedom. Then I get to 19, 20, 21, 22, 23. The years just blur out into one long fun university period.

I started working and got married upon entering 24 years old. We had fun, like real fun for one year. Travelling, date nights, dreams. Oh the dreams.

We decided to be parents when I was 25, I gave birth at 26.

Why do I tell the story of my 20s in family terms? I don’t know. Some people are defined by their career. Some by their travel destinations. Some by how many houses. I might have a little bit here and there. But these are nothing without my family.

So I guess my family defines me.

Being 28, I hope I’m wiser. I feel like I’ve taken quite a few of nature’s ‘hard-knocked’ life courses. But despite that I’m still smiling, still standing.

28, please be nice to me!!

SMILE

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...