Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hit Me Crossroads One More Time

Just when I thought I’m finally free, turns out I’m not. I’m talking about my career or how I make a living. Just when I thought I’m beginning to soar, someone rains on my parade, namely the parents. I thought I had a plan.

Turns out they’ve got 10 plans. For me. Faaaantastic. For now, silence is my defense. I’m only speaking to people who are impartial to me i.e. not parents.

I love working at my workplace now. The people are super duper, the bosses are funny and one of them wears toupee (fake hair) that sometimes shifts to the side and makes me itch to correct it. (I hope them don’t stumble across this or I’m dead!) and plenty of soap opera drama enough to satisfy tv3 cerekarama.

The work is often challenging and fun and I collected more than 300 business cards since I first joined; pay is …. ok. But it’s not about the money at this point. I get paid as much as a starting engineer gets paid, and more sometimes, so it’s ok.

The only problem is that I’m not sure how I can grow in this company anymore than I have now. Plus recent decisions by the boss is … well, I don’t agree with him. Feels like a lot of hard work put to waste, a lot of relationships that are going to go into the drain.

Sighs.

Plus now I received a job offer with pretty good prospects from the looks of it. But say bye bye to the merry office, say bye bye to funny bosses, and say bye bye to showing off mediocre IT skills (ever since I suggested installing google chrome instead of mozilla firefox, they think I’m an IT god.)

We will see how it goes.

1 comment:

Nisa' said...

Hah, we have the same dilemma.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...