Friday, May 18, 2012

Wedding Prep: Flower Bouquet




For clothes & accessories, go here.

Please take note that these wedding preparations posts are merely to share what I did for my wedding, not guides because frankly speaking, I’ve missed my boat on that one.

Honestly I never thought that I’d enjoy the whole process. But I did, and mostly thanks to my mom who kept the enthusiasm level high. That two stacks of wedding magazine at home? My mom.

There used to be days when we had a week full of appointments and shopping trips. It helps that we both were on holiday for two months at the time. *Good times*

Anyways, my idea of the perfect bouquet.





Ok, first of all—whoever thought of getting inspiration from  a four season country is delusional. Like me. Because, two weeks before the wedding, I found out that those flowers became literally not available to
purchase anywhere.

My bridal lady told me that we’re ganna have to import the flowers. I actually agreed to that. And found out again, that she can’t get those flowers because of christmas, winter etc and even so, the price will be super expensive.

Note: Getting imported flowers in December is extremely hard.

In the end I ended up with roses. But they were bunched up nice and smelled heavenly so it turned out
okay.

adilahammar_raw3623

For my reception, after back to back discussions, we decided to go for artificial flowers!
I know what you’re thinking but today’s artificial flowers look surprisingly like the real thing. I love them because

a) Doesn’t wilt in our hot weather b) Looks life-like c) Can smell perfume-nice d) May get any type of flower unavailable in the country

Tadaa! End result.

1copy

A picture with my mama:

adilahammarsanding_raw1558

Till next time, xoxo.

2 comments:

Ghadeer said...

Looks real!

Adilah said...

I know, right?? I was surprised the first time the florist showed it to me. They make it look real these days..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...