Monday, May 28, 2012

PhotographR

adilahammar_raw2508BW

adilahammar_raw3702BW

So when it’s all set and done, all that’s left is the memory. What are weddings without their photographers?

adilahammarsanding_raw0394

Pictures are extremely important to nostalgic me. I have 7 diaries and 320 gb worth of personal pictures. I keep movie tickets and receipts. I don’t let my family members touch my room even though I’ve moved out. I kept magazines since 1999. My husband calls me a hoarder, but that’s just serious accusation.

adilahammarsanding_raw0462

adilahammarsanding_raw0470

I was in the midst of short listing my photographers. It was between one really famous photographer (Udey Ismail), and another less famous (Nonofara, photolicious) which were respectively good. I also liked Saiful Nang, but I’d rather buy a superbike with the money. I actually met up and discussed terms and vision with these people and almost put down the deposit.

One day my brother suggested that I should take a look at his friend’s work. Me being me, didn’t pay any mind until he shoved the laptop under my nose with his friend’s website on screen.

I was blown away. Please note that this isn’t an exaggeration. His pictures were personal, beautifully candid, tasteful, and full of emotion.

adilahammarsanding_raw0548

adilahammarsanding_raw0551

adilahammarsanding_raw0628

adilahammarsanding_raw1112

adilahammarsanding_raw1135

adilahammarsanding_raw1313

adilahammarsanding_raw1364

His name is Raffi Thng! Honestly I’ve practically booked him for my children’s aqiqah.
Now goodies for nostalgic people like me.

DSC_0020

What is this? A present for me?

DSC_0025

Super duper thick and heavy. This was sent to be bound in the USA. For reals, people.

DSC_0027

Huge pictures and layout pleasing to the eye.

DSC_0028

A good professional photographer not only has to take awesome pictures, but they have to produce awesome images and compile everything. From first contact to delivery service.

DSC_0030

Look how sturdy the pages are!

DSC_0009 copy

Another goodie—the coffee table booklet!

DSC_0012

Full page picture goodness.

DSC_2868

Sighs. The CD of softcopies received with tasteful wrappings and ribbons.

DSC_2869

And finally, sturdy elegant frames.

I’m ganna be downright honest here. He does not ask you to do stupid poses. He prompts and suggests, and has a keen eye on the perfect moment. One time I said, husband, carry me. We goofed around, and when suddenly husband actually carried me, Raffi instantly snapped pictures.

Most people I asked would describe his pictures as ‘candid’, ‘with feeling’, ‘beautifully edited’, ‘has taste’.
There’s much to be said about Raffi Thng, but enough talk. Check out his work at www.raffithng.com.

2 comments:

Ghadeer said...

Those are amazing! The real work shows in how they compile and present the photos, he's done an amazing job!

Adilah said...

Yes, he did! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...