Saturday, March 21, 2009

When There's Nothing Better to Do

… make a Mid-Year's Resolutions List.

Last term, my English lecturer (professional communication skills lecturer, I dare say) talked to us about the bucket list. Basically a bucket list is a list of things to do before you kick the bucket or literally, die. Frankly speaking I don’t have the motivation for a bucket list because god knows how long that’ll take to accomplish and I would forget all about it next year.

So instead of a bucket list, I’m coming up with the Mid-Year Resolution. I mean, how clever is that right?? By now, we’ve all done the new year’s resolution or doing it already or totally ignore it. What’s better than a renewal of the resolutions!

I’m thinking that I need to complete this before July 10 or all hope is lost. If you’re wondering what’s after, that’ll be my return to the college of doom where only the toughest survive.


1. Pass beginner Mandarin

Chinese people are unique, their country is huge, I’m fascinated by their culture after watching so many countless hours of Discovery channel on China. Chinese people are the emerging movers and shakers of the business world. Plus the local chinese can speak our language, and we can’t speak theirs. I find it a bit arrogant on our side.

…And Jerry Yan is Chinese.


2. Wear all types of hijabs that’re available

This one just occur to me last month I think. Because life is too short and there are so many hijabs.


3. Save money enough for a backpacking trip in Europe

Though it is unknown when I’m going to Europe. But sometime later when there’s a long holiday and there come a time when me and my friends are running out of things to do, I wanna be the one who says, “Let’s go to Europe!” And my friends, who have read this and decide to save along wimme and accumulated enough dosh to travel to Europe will answer, “I’m in!”.


4. Step in every mall in Klang Valley

Hm. I wanna do this because I don’t wanna miss out on great things sold at different places. Ok well, not really. I don’t actually have a reason for this. It’s just that I love to shop. It’s better than walking at the park, better than tv, better than ice-cream, better than driving like a drunk. It’s the sudden rush you get from buying something new and touchable in your hands. That happy content feeling of buying something you always wanted. I feel those cliches that come with the word shopaholic. I am one of those.


5.Read at least 4 books a month

Shopping trumps driving like a drunk, but reading trumps shopping. *Sheepish*

Maybe I’m blessed with an overly stimulated imagination, because reading is fun when it goes over 4 hours or so. Or maybe I’m simply a geek who wants to read at least 4 books a month. Of course reading also makes you cleverer and adds more words to your vocabulary.

I know it doesn’t make sense, but reading a book to me is as calming as doing yoga for some. Therefore reading 4 books keeps me sane, if that make sense to you.

Im a reading pro

Don't bother me when I'm reading.


6. Er, cook

I’ve been postponing this for how long I dunno. So far, I’ve manage to get out of sticky situations ie. on mom’s side, the maids does the cooking for family gatherings thus I’m saved.

On dad’s side I just eagerly volunteer to wash the dishes and if they (usually uncle) usher me to the kitchen, I’ll stick to mom’s side at all times listening to silent orders and pretend to know what I’m doing. Oh god, it’s so hard to pretend I’m telling you. It doesn’t do anything for my self-esteem that everyone actually knows that I cook zilch but pretending to not know for my sake.

It’s horrible! My family is all from the North and they expect me to know how to come up with a 3 course meal plus drinks. Desserts. Punches. Kuihs. Floats. I dont know!

I don’t need to learn to cook to live! urgh whatever. I’ll learn to make a mean chocolate cake so everybody can stuff their mouths and be quiet.

I’m ganna change no 6 to Baking a Mean Chocolate Cake.

That concludes my list of things to do before I return to the college of doom. Anyways I’ll update on this when there are things to update on. I’ve started on the reading 4 books a months thing. On to my 3rd book this month.

Last week I went to MPH’s warehouse sale in PJ and all books are discounted up to 70% which means book rampage!!!!! If you’re as crazy about books as I am, then the sale is totally worth it. I only bought 5 books though, wishing for more than that. They were all new books and Twilight series sold for half price which in my opinion, is a –censored word-. Oh destiny what you bring upon me!

OK, enough rambling. I’m out.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

reading your blog adds more words to my vocabulary jugak. hehe.

Mid Year's Resolutions List is an awesome idea!!

Thank you. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...