Thursday, May 23, 2019

30s Skin Woes and Sheet Masks

I've never been one with perfect porcelain skin ever. In fact, I'm that person who struggles with imperfect, blemished skin since I was 14. My skin is high maintenance and sensitive. My best skin record was when I was on Accutane in uni.. imagine that. Second best was during all my pregnancies, funny enough!

So entering 30s, I don't know what to expect. And because I've always had difficult skin, I really make it a point to wear sunscreen at least, everyday. But after giving birth to Hassan, I noticed my skin had red blotches that never went away. This birth, coincides with me turning 30, so I don't know whether it's because of my third pregnancy or is it just me turning 30.

Another thing I dislike about my skin is the pores. I naturally have big pores man. They get clogged so easily. How I long to have baby skin like my babies! But alas...

So this year I started looking for serums and lotions and whatever that could improve my skin's overall appearance. I'm currently taking vitamin C. That's not much but it's better than not taking anything, right? Plus vitamin C is an anti-oxidant. Anti-oxidants slow down or stop the processes that damage the cells in our body.

My plan is to actually attack this skin problem inside and out. The vitamin C was the "inside".

On the outside, I found this skincare range The Ordinary which like it's name, is very basic, and each product is a no-frills active ingredient that works directly to correct a specific the skin problem. I like it so far, I can see minor improvement on my skin. It doesn't break out my skin, so that's good. I just have to be consistent using it I guess.

Then, most recently, I thought of sheet masks. Actually, me and hubs were watching a Shark Tank episode where someone was pitching a sheet mask when it occurred... to hubs. He was like, "how come you never tried sheet masks? You're always complaining about your skin yada yada."

So I went to Watson's and just FOUND OUT that there's a whole section dedicated to JUST sheet masks. I'm so left behind! Apparently the korean skin care craze is currently hitting Malaysian shores and sheet masks are part of them. They're also so cheap! RM10 for 4 pieces really?? Well it depends on the brand but the pharmacist showed me two of their popular brands.. one is Dr Morita and another one is Noblesse.



I'm using Noblesse because they're dirt cheap but I get to use it 4-5 times a week. Have to say.. I love these sheet masks! They actually brightened up my skin and those red blotches I was talking about? They slowly fade away with each mask I use. Unbelievable.

Which made me think... so all this while my skin problem is dehydration? I guess so, I've always thought it's something to do with the sun exposure.

For now, these are my staples. And I will continue using them because they make my skin feel so good! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...