Monday, April 2, 2012

100 Days & 99 Nights

photo

The upside of knowing someone for 7 years before marrying them is that essentially, you know the type of person that they are. However, it doesn’t prepare you for when you actually move in with them.

First it was getting used to the quirks of each other, then it’s the house chores, then the financial part, then the “which family to visit part” etc etc. I was even hard pressed to answer the question, “so how’s married life?”. Truth is it’s not as easy as saying either “it sucks” or “its so awesome I’m ganna die”, but more of “I’m adjusting and having fun with it”.

Those things changes you and honestly, I don’t feel that I’m the same person I was 3 months ago, but in a good way.

Anyways today is exactly 100 days since I got hitched to my husband. He’s still requesting for me to “look married” ok lol. Don’t ask. I don’t know if I’ve finished the marriage “orientation” period, but I think probably not. He isn’t as well because just last night he was surprised when I burst out laughing like a MAD MAD woman watching a guy tumbling down the hill in Princess Bride. (Weird movie btw)

Chores are a pain, but normal part of everyday life; finance is guarded fiercely; arguments are… inevitable. But weekends are fun; waiting for husband to come home from work is fun; cooking together is fun; freedom is fun; couch potatoing is fun, after a fight is fun. lol

Thing is, marriage isn’t shallow. It’s a whole different universe and in comparison, the marriage ceremony is just like a hallway of a building. No. scratch that. It’s the door. To wonderland.

To exactly 100 days and beyond!

xoxo.

p/s: I mentioned 100 days to my husband as he puts on his shoe to leave for work. He made a face, and goes, “okay. Don’t forget to get back that money deposit from the condo management today.” I was like, “oh yeah okay!” Welcome to adulthood.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...