Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Feet In the Ground

In my twenties, I was so focused on my own problems. Going into 30s, It finally dawned on me that everyone has real struggles, most times even more so than me. And also sometimes, the world feels bleak, especially when you read too much news. I don't really read the news anymore. Except property updates and the only time I actually listen to the live news is during the budget presentation.

I'm slowly getting a sense of self again, finally emerging from the fog of diapers. Sometimes I don't know who I am and how am I supposed to act. I feel so young inside after going through everything. I'm still hopeful and I can see the person I used to be before the kids.

I think it's so important to retain a sense of self when you're going through tough times. I'm not talking tough times as in raising children, but a culmination of what happened in the past few years. It's so important not to be fearful and continue to let passion drive you. I'm hoping that the dark days made me wiser. At the time I remain positive and still willing to try new things.

That's why it's such a hoot to meet arrogant punks once in a while. My head is reeling with comments such as, "you've NEVER fallen, just wait. And you'll never be the same again."

Always be humble, keep your feet in the ground. Dig in and bury your feet even. If the slightest arrogance creep into your head, punch it dead.

p/s: It's funny I talk alot in my head. But it takes so much effort to talk alot in real life.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...