Thursday, December 26, 2019

You Won't Be Able to Stop Time Even If You Want To


 


So this is the year that Naila starts her standard one. I can't believe I've been a mom for 6 years! 6 years since my life changed forever and having to be an adult. Before long, my two boys are going to follow suit. Oh please slow down time!

I'm going to miss my boys saying "I Loove Mommy! Love Mommy!" before going to sleep. I'm going to miss Naila say "I want 3 kisses." Yes! they do that every single day. And it makes me laugh that lately, Ibrahim's way of softening a blow when he wrecked something is by starting with "I loove mommy" out of a sudden.

Life is fleeting, kids are tiring but wonderful.

And though they're very young, I try to be as transparent with them as possible. Naila's starting to rationalize and is a keen observer, so I keep my explanations honest and simple. Sometimes she gives her own explanations and I get dumbfounded by how insightful she is. I'm like, I'm raising a smart kid... I have to buck up.

The other day, she asks, "why does Allah let good people die." It took me a second to answer that.

Where to enroll for standard one is one big question after preschool. She's had such head start by attending Brainy Bunch for 2 years and it's such a pity to not continue her studies in that direction. All the surah's, the ideology, the theories, stories, is something that I can never teach her alone. So this is the responsibility that me and hubs are taking for her. We enrolled her in a private islamic elementary school which I might share about later.

As of now, I'm enjoying the December slow down, cuti-cuti Malaysia and all that. Looking forward to a new year full of challenges and possibilities. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...